FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Baltz & Company
Chloe Mata Crane/ 212-982-8300 x104 / email@example.com
Ilana Alperstein / 212-982-8300 x103 / firstname.lastname@example.org
da Rosario Celebrates the Year of Affordable Luxury
10 Ways to Splurge Smarter in 2009: Truffle Indulgences Meet Comfort Food
NEW YORK, N.Y., January 8, 2008 – Truffles may seem like an unattainable treat, with the price of fresh truffles reaching as high as $4,000 per pound in 2008, but now home cooks can affordably indulge without breaking the bank. Truffle products including oils, honeys, butters and seasonings offer ways bring home the essence of truffles, minus the hefty price tag.
da Rosario products are the first and only 100% USDA certified organic truffle products on the U.S. market, and have already gained a cult following from chefs and gourmet retailers nationwide for their affordability and pure truffle flavor, in contrast to their synthetic imposters. Upgrade everyday meals on a budget with real truffle flavor in classic and comfort food dishes.
da Rosario’s “10 Ways to Splurge Smarter with Truffles in the New Year” include:
USDA 100% Organic (White & Black) Truffle Flavored Olive Oil
1. Whisk into your favorite salad dressing.
2. Stir into almost any cream soup.
3. Brush over cheese for an aromatic and gooey grilled cheese sandwich.
4. Drizzle into the center of a chicken pot pie while warm.
da Rosario’s USDA Organic Savory (Black & White) Truffle Seasonings
5. Sprinkle over scrambled eggs for a decadent breakfast treat.
6. Sprinkle over NY strip steak and let melt into the juices before serving.
da Rosario’s USDA 100% Organic White Truffle Butter
7. Mix into your favorite mashed potatoes recipe for an added intensity.
da Rosario’s USDA 100% Organic Acacia Honey with White Truffles
8. Brush over grilled pork chops before sprinkling with sea salt.
9. Drizzle over pear slices and shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano.
10. Drizzle over vanilla ice cream for an original take on a classic dessert.
For more recipes and information on da Rosario, please visit http://www.darosario.com/ or call Ilana Alperstein at 212-982-8300 x103.
ABOUT DA ROSARIO
da Rosario launched the first-ever USDA 100% Organic truffle line, which combines the purity of organic truffles with high-quality ingredients including organic olive oil, butter, and Acacia honey, among others. da Rosario’s creator, Rosario Safina, has been the driving force behind the popularization of truffles over the past 20 years. In 2002, Safina published the first book in the U.S. dedicated to this luxury item, “Truffles: Ultimate Luxury, Everyday Pleasure,” establishing him as the noted authority on the subject. Safina has appeared and been featured in numerous outlets including Martha Stewart Living, CNN, Fine Living, Emeril Live, Good Morning America, The New Yorker, The Genuine Article with Gordon Elliott, and NPR.