Stuck for new ideas for summer meals? You’d be surprised at how tasty some all-American comfort dishes get when you add some truffles. Mashed potatoes, starchy, creamy and buttery, are a perfect vehicle for delivering the wild truffle taste. Truffle products on grilled meats and vegetables are a quick and easy way to carry the truffle flavor of the forest; my wife loves truffles in her good old grilled cheese. Even mega-chef Alain Ducasse offers Macaroni and Cheese with Truffle Reduction on his menu.
Here are a few dishes my family and friends really love that don’t require heaps of time or money:
White Bean & Truffle Puree
A very nice summer appetizer with pita chips or bread for dipping.
- One 27 oz. can of cannelloni or Great White Northern beans
- da Rosario White Truffle Oil
- Olive oil, sea salt
You’ll smooth it into a white frothy paste. (If it’s still a little dry, add a drizzle of White Truffle Oil on the top.) Enjoy.
Honey Truffle Grilled Pork
Treat the other white meat star right with a little truffle love.
- Four thick-cut pork chops
- da Rosario White Truffle Honey
- Sea salt
Baby Rucola, Parmesan Cheese, Pancetta and Button Mushroom Salad
This is the “covered dish” that always seems to go first at potlucks.
- 2 bunches of baby rucola (enough for four people), washed twice
- 2 slices of 1/4-1/2” thick pancetta (can substitute bacon)
- 5-6 button mushrooms
- 2-3 ounces of Parmesan cheese
- 2 table spoons of da Rosario White Truffle Olive Oil
- Lemon and sea salt
(Note: Some people call rucola “arugula.” I don’t.)
I hope you’ll enjoy these easy and tasty hot weather recipes as much as I do. When the cook stays cool, everything tastes better.